Wednesday 11 March 2015

Solar hot water panel installed, installing noggings and aircon update

Solar hot water panel has now been installed.

Being steel frame, it is required to install timber noggins wherever anything heavy will be hung from a wall (such as a TV). I have started installing where needed.

Aircon rep showed up yesturday,  and did not fill me with much confidence. Earliest they can rough in is 23rd of March,  a date I feel is too late (plaster may be on by then). Could not contaact SS to get a plaster hang date, will try again today.

3 comments:

  1. Hi James,

    Thanks for the blog, I have been reading it regularly since I discovered it. There really isn't that much out there on Jg king! We will be building this year with them sometime when our land estate is ready and house is sold. I would be interested in finding out how your doing the noggins, we have included a few for the tv and dryer but think it would be worth putting more in. Have you done this by yourself? Did you have to let jg king know? How have you out them in?

    I look forward to seeing your home progress.
    Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah,
    Yes I have done them myself. Site supervisor is aware. They are quite easy to put in, I used 90x35mm timber and screwed them from the side of the stud (upright steel beam). I suggest you put them anywhere you may need them in the future

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi James thank you for that! I think I'll show it to the hubby. Its a very smart thing to do and probably not sow thing ppl would consider?, I think we will probably just get them to do the ones we have already requested and then put a few in ourselves if possible :) thanks again. Sarah

    ReplyDelete