Sunday 25 January 2015

Introduction

I am creating this blog to give prospect home builders an insight into the JG King building process. I was initially not going to create a blog, but feel there is a lack of information out there about the building process and would like to pass the knowledge I learn on to others.

We purchased our 3 acre block at Merrimu Victoria January 2014 with a 30 day settlement. We put an offer in (below agents reserve) about a month before the Auction date and got accepted within two hours. We were direct and made it clear we had the cash, and I think this helped.

We were set on the Metricon Denver design and approached them strait away, We paid our $1000 deposit and started the extensive process but found throughout the process the sales people we dealt with too unreliable at keeping appointment times and made plenty of false promises they would not include in the final contract. We decided to cut a loss on the deposit and start fresh.

We visited many other builders, both Volume and Local, and finally decided to settle on a JG King Renaissance home with a few modifications. I tried to make the process as thorough as possible. We has a few hiccups such as a mixup with the house placement and a few drafting issues but overall the JG King sales process went well.

We signed contracts with JG King Melbourne early December 2014 after approx 6 months of negotiations.

I am an electrician by trade but never worked in a domestic environment. I was working away doing FIFO work during the negotiating and design process with Kings so most was done via Email or via  my Wife (who is alot better at negotiating costs than me due to her line of work). Just after the contracts  were signed I managed to get a transfer back to Melbourne, perfect timing!







No comments:

Post a Comment